I have been working in IT professionally for the past 10+ years and loving every minute of it. I usually do blogging as a means to “unwind” after a long day or document some “odd-ones” to hopefully save someone else the time. I am extremely passionate about technology and more importantly its ability to positively impact people. I am very visionary and have a great ability to take a raw or unknown idea and make it into a valuable project with measurable value to a company.
I have a pretty diverse background in terms of technology experience and focus; have enjoyed working for large organizations and small ones and some in between. I also have a media/audio/visual background as well and have an eye for creative arts (read: I tinker in PhotoShop and make some nice stuff). I have also done a lot of work with Telco/PBX solutions, have worked on Comdial, InterTel and Avaya systems.
Today I work for a medium-sized midwest trucking company as their Director of ITS. Always looking for some side opportunities though to help other companies/groups with their needs.
Some of the latest items sitting on my desk/recently deployed by me or areas of expertise:
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 (multiple app. servers, web interface), Windows Terminal Servers (Remote Desktop Services) on 2008 R2 Enterprise.
- Sonicwall NSA firewalls, HA clusters, content filtering, SRA secure remote access appliances.
- Equallogic PS100 and PS6100E iSCSI SANs, HP MSA2012i iSCSI SAN
- Cisco and HP ProCurve networking
- VMWare vSphere (vCenter Server/ESX/ESXi) 4.1 (getting ready for 5.5 update soon!)
- Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory, Group Policies, Print Servers, File Servers, DNS/DHCP, IIS, SQL (2005/2008/2012) etc.
- Xerox DocuShare Enterprise Content Management System
- VMWare Zimbra (loyal user since v5!)
- RedHat/Ubuntu Linux servers, managing, installing, a lot of LAMP work, MySQL, etc.
- Have done a lot of scripting for automated workstation imaging, software deployments, batch/reg scripts, etc.
- PBX experience: 3cx, Avaya, InterTel, Comdial, OpenText Fax Appliances
- Multiple location MPLS/WAN networking
- Wireless: Meru Networks, Dell/Aruba
- Cabling: Cat5/Cat6, patches, telco, etc.
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- HP Servers, Thin Clients, Laptops, etc.
- PRTG Network Monitoring